Call for PDCs
> Program > Call for PDCs
Call for Professional Development CoursesPDCs
PDC Presenter Information
Registration and Reservations
PDC instructors who wish to run PDC course scheduled to be held on Oct. 17(Saturday) through Oct. 18(Sunday) for 2020 IOHA must register and upload information required no later than January 31, 2020. The things provided by organizing committee are as follows
- Two night accommodation in hotel booked by IOHA 2020 organizing committee
- $ 400 / 4 hours teaching
PDC organizing committee will send PDC presenter whether their proposal is accepted or not no later than the end of March 2020.
If interested please submit a PDC proposal including the following:
- Select topic
- Course Title
- Instructor contact information
- Course Description (500 words minimum)
- Who Should Attend? (50 words or less)
- Instructor Biography (150 words or less)
Dates to Remember
- March 31, 2020Notification of acceptance
- April 31, 2020Submission of all PDC logistics forms
- Aug 1, 2020PDC cancellation due to low registration. (If your course is in danger of being cancelled, you will be notified at least 2 weeks prior.)
- Sep 1, 2020Handout materials submission deadline. All handouts will be formatted/reproduced electronically and distributed by IOHA 2020 if received by this date.
- Sep 15, 2020E-handout download instructions emailed to students.
- Oct 17~ 18, 2020PDC presentation dates.
- Oct 30, 2020Honorarium payment forms due (forms will be provided on-site). Requests received after this date will not be honored and will result in a forfeiture of payment.
Standard room set includes:
- Student seating
- Two (2) charging stations in the rooms for students (power will NOT be placed at every seat)
- Head table for two instructors
- Note book computer and projector
- Screen (sized appropriately for room dimensions and session capacity)
- Remote mouse
- Up to two (2) wireless lavaliere microphones
- 1 audience microphone on a stand
If you think you will need accommodations to any of the above listed items please let the organizing committee know.
Presentation Upload Requirements
- IOHA 2020 will be utilizing a presentation management system for uploading all handout/course materials. Presenters are required to upload electronic copies of their presentations to management system by the handout materials deadline.
- PowerPoint (PPT) for all presentations and Adobe Acrobat (PDF) will be used.
- It is recommended that presenters test their files in the on-site Speaker Ready Room prior to the day of their session, to ensure the proper display of fonts, equations, pictures, and videos.